Ever wonder what goes on behind-the-scenes of a museum? Does the idea of seeing how staff create exhibits, work with important artifacts, or organize a photographic collection appeal to you? Volunteers keep Museum L-A going, and their effect is felt through all aspects of our operations, exhibits, and programming. Involvement can vary from a few hours for special events to scheduled weekly visits or group projects.
Common Volunteer Activities Include Working with Trained and Friendly Staff
- Lend a hand around the office with mailings, computer work, and daily operations
- Lead student and group tours, or assist with events
- Construct and dismantle our changing temporary exhibits
- Preserve and organize records, photographs, and documents
- Catalogue and preserve artifacts from the American Industrial Revolution
- Conduct local historical research on a variety of topics
Come alone, or bring your friends, and get a sneak peak at museum operations while supporting a community-based institution dedicated to preserving our local history.
For more information, contact us at 207-333-3881 or firstname.lastname@example.org.