While visiting Museum L-A, stop by the Museum Shop for a variety of gifts celebrating Lewiston and Auburn. Your purchase helps to support the work and mission of Museum L-A - and that special person on your list will receive a unique gift.
Choose from books on local and regional history, first-quality spreads and throws by Maine Heritage Weavers – the sole remaining textile mill in Lewiston, and original one-of-a-kind items from the textile mills of New England (acquired from outside sources for museum sale).
Among the shop’s unique offerings are:
- Work Art notecard sets, matted prints featuring original work from Bates Manufacturing's Design Department
- Shadow boxes with original Bates textiles
- Stoneware coasters and trivets with Museum L-A logo or vintage map of the L-A area
- Museum L-A patches
- Buttons with details from works by the Bates Design Department
- Our award-winning publication Portraits & Voices: Workers of Seven Mills
- Locally-crafted ornaments inspired by the mills and their workers.
- DVDs featuring some of our major events: Brickmakers Reunion and Portraits & Voices: Brickyard Roads exhibit opening, Portraits & Voices: Millworkers of Seven Mills exhibit opening, Portraits & Voices: Shoemaking Skills of Generations exhibit opening.
- DVD: Brickmaking in the 21st Century at Morin Brick Company (Auburn, Maine)
- DVD: Interview with the Dennis Family about the Dennis Brickyard (Auburn, Maine), with vintage footage from 1974 at Dennis Brickyard.
Additional items include:
- First-quality bedspreads, shams, and throws by the Maine Heritage Weavers based on the original Bates designs
- Lewiston - Along the Androscoggin - lithograph by R.N. Cohen (matted = 18" x 31¼")
- Black sheep, bunny rabbit and owl finger puppets
- Alpaca bears
- Local, regional and nationwide books on immigration, labor history, the Civil War, and the Great Depression
- Potholder looms, peg looms, and rug hooking kits made in New Hampshire
- Postcards with antique images of Lewiston-Auburn including the mills and the shoe factories
Gifts from the Museum Shop are a reminder of the Twin Cities’ rich heritage of work and community. Call (207) 333-3881 or stop in to the Museum L-A Shop for prices and availabilty of specific products.